The Porter Butt, situated at York Place on the London Road opposite the Esso Garage, was a popular quiz venue and music pub (the Walcot Palais) back in the day. It was first recorded in 1787 but may be much older and closed in 2009. Andy Tanner was the last landlord.
Previously The Hanover Hotel, The Britannia Inn and laterly The Hive, The building is currently (July 2017) known as Chapter One.
Piccadilly Ale House
Tel: 01225 428915
Situated at 1A the Paragon, The Paragon Wine Bar closed in 2005. It is now a luxury self-catering holiday home.
The Hat and Feather was one of Bath’s most famous (or possibly notorious) pubs, thanks to its unconventional, lively and free-thinking clientel.
The original Hat and Feather dates back to at least 1752, though the current building was created at the beginning of the twentieth century as a result of a road widening scheme.
The Hat closed in 2004, and re-opened in 2005 as Hudson’s Bar and Grill.
The Harvester was built in 1998 at Lambridge on the site of a garden centre near the junction of the A46 and the A4. It closed in 2007.
The property development firm Crosby Lend Lease bought the Harvester site towards the end of 2007 after previous plans to build a nursing home there were rejected. They now (Jan 2011) intend to built 46 homes on the site.